Monday, June 16, 2008

Finding the want to write...


It's not been easy for me this year... finding the want to write I mean. For a few months there last year I was all about my blog. I was all about telling stories and posting pics and sharing the fun and adventures of my life here in Bangkok. Then I lost the time. Or I lost the energy. Or I lost the motivation. I don't know what it was. And while my best mates Alex, Paddy, Ash and Kent all continued (and started) their blogs, I was distracted, and drunk and unproductive. It's not like I haven't been on any adventures, hell, since February, I've been on a butt load:
  1. Liveaboard adventure out to the Similian Islands (read Paddy's blog or Ash's for the scoop)
  2. A zip lining crazy adventure in Loas where I spent the best part of three days in a harness screaming along wires at ridiculously unsafe heights.
  3. A super quick weekend trip to Melbourne for my best mate's wedding
  4. A heap of weekend getaways - Kanchanaburi, Phuket, Pattaya, Kanch again and again
  5. A week long trip to Vietnam with my Grade 10 students

But finding the energy to blog about it has been difficult... this past year has been difficult... but, I think, I hope, that I am well and truly on the road to happiness now, well, I am certainly off the road to destruction, thank God! Maybe, just maybe, this all means that I have something to blog about now.

So where do I begin? Do I forget the last few months and start from now (that would mean missing out on telling you about some brilliant folks (one in particular) that I have met this year)... but maybe that's all a secret I can keep to myself... at least for now...

So... let's start from right now... I am back in at school (first official day of the summer break)... trying to tidy up my classroom without the hassle of the kids being about, trying to get ready for my 6 week adventure to India... tomorrow, Ashley, Wendy and Myself will fly into Kolkata... totally unprepared for what we might see or do.. but heads up, it's going to be a blast... I hope...

although I will be missing some people... a lot...

No comments: